Systems engineering and integration, systems for Semantic Web technologies, human-computer interfaces for system-level engineering design, formal models for validation and verification of networked engineering systems, CAD for bridge and building systems, and structural engineering and dynamics
Ph.D. in Structural Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley in 1985. M.S. in Structural Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley in 1982. B.E. (First Class Honors) from University of Canterbury, New Zealand in 1980.
Chairman, Applications Forum Working Group, International Council of Systems Engineering. Member, American Society of Civil Engineers. Member, Association of Computing Machinery. Member, New Zealand Society of Earthquake Engineering.
- Systems Engineering Research in the Systems Engineering and Integration Lab
- Systems Engineering Education in the Systems Engineering and Integration Lab
- System Modeling and Traceability Applications of the Higraph Formalism
- Backbone Infrastructures for Sustainable Systems-of-Systems Management
- Synthesis and Validation of Models for Management of Narrow Passageways
- NSF-CRCD: Combined Research and Curriculum Development in Information-Centric Systems Engineering
- Ontological controls in smart buildings
- Space and time: Tackling semantic challenges in MBSE for cyber-physical systems
- Micro-nano-bio systems for biological applications
- Model-Based Systems Engineering