Friday, April 19 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Marriott Inn and Conference Center, College Park, Md.
| Schedule | Speaker bios | Directions | Registration | Home |
This one-day symposium is designed for ISR alumni and select faculty to share their wisdom and experience in entrepreneurship and venture creation with each other and current ISR students. It's also a great way for ISR alumni to reconnect with each other and with their former advisors.
The event includes:
Five distinguished ISR alumni talking about their entrepreneurship experiences: why and how they created and grew their company, lessons learned from both successes and failures, and the role systems engineering plays in their operations.
- Shravan Goli, president of Dice.com
- Vikram Manikonda, president of Intelligent Automation, Inc.
- Raj Mittu, CEO and co-founder of ESCgov
- Buno Pati, founder of Numerical, Sezmi, and other ventures
- Carole Teolis, CTO and chair of TRX Systems, Inc.
- An alumni panel session, "Connecting Alumni to ISR"
- Lunch with discussion and networking
Three ISR faculty talking about their entrepreneurship experiences
- Professor John Baras (ECE/ISR), co-founder of AIMS, Inc.
- Professor Carol Espy-Wilson (ECE/ISR), founder of OmniSpeech, LLC
- Professor Neil Goldsman (ECE and ISR affiliate), co-founder of FlexEl, LLC
- A presentation of University of Maryland internal and external local resources available for venture creation
- Late-afternoon reception with discussion and networking
Our event is part of “30 Days of EnTERPreneurship,” the University of Maryland’s month-long schedule of activities and competitions related to innovation and ideas.