John S. Baras
Papers Published In 1998
- M. Ball, J. Baras, E. Lin, I. Minis, D. Nau and R. Karne, "Integrated Product and Process Design Tool for Microwave Modules," Proceedings of the 1998 NSF Design and Manufacturing Grantees Conference, pp. 655-656, Monterey, Mexico, January 5-8, 1998.
- R. Haridasan and J.S. Baras , “Accurate Segmentation and Estimation of Parametric Motion Fields for Object-Based Video Coding Using Mean Field Theory”, Proceedings of the SPIE 10th Annual Symposium on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VICP ’98), Vol 3309, pp. 361-369, San Jose, CA, January 28-30, 1998.
- R. Poovendran, S. Ahmed, S. Corson and J.Baras, “A Scalable Extension of Group Key Management Protocol”, Proceedings of the ARL Federated Laboratory 2nd Annual Conference, pp. 187-191, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, February 2-6, 1998
- M.Y. Liu, J.S.Baras, and A. Misra, “Performance Evaluation in Multi-Rate, Multi-Hop Communication Networks with Adaptive Routing”, Proceedings of the ARL Federated Laboratory 2nd Annual Conference, pp. 136-140, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, February 2-6, 1998.
- J.S. Baras, and I. Secka, “High Performance IP Multicasting Over Wireless Satellite-Terrestrial Networks”, Proceedings of the 17th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference and Exhibit, AIAA-98-1362, pp. 718-730, Yokohama, Japan, February 24-26, 1998.
- J.S. Baras and S.I. Wolk, “Wavelet-Based Hierarchical Organization of Large Image Databases: ISAR and Face Recognition”, Proceedings of SPIE 12th International Symposium on Aerospace, Defense Sensing, Simulation and Control, Vol. 3391, pp. 546-558, Orlando, Florida, April 14-16, 1998.
- R. Haridasan and J.S. Baras, “Scalable Coding of Video Objects”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems 1998 (ISCAS’98), Vol. 4, pp 289-292, Monterey, CA, May 31-June 3, 1998.
- J.S. Baras, and G. Olariu, “Flow Control and Dynamic Service Allocation in DBS-Based Internet”, Proceedings of Satellite Networks: Architectures, Applications and Technologies Workshop, NASA Lewis Research Center, pp. 489-498, Cleveland, Ohio, June 2-4, 1998.
- J. Meyer, M. Ball, J. Baras, A. Chowdhury, E. Lin, D. Nau, R. Rajamani, and V. Trichur, “Process Planning in Microwave Module Production”, Proceedings of the SIGMAN: Artificial Intelligence and Manufacturing: State of the Art and State of Practice, pp. 120-126, Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 31-September 2, 1998.
- R.K. Karne, S.V. Dandekar, S. Poluri, G. Chen, J.S. Baras, D.S. Nau, M.O. Ball, E. Lin, V.S. Trichur, and J.T. Williams, “Web-it-Man: A Web-based Integrated Tool for Manufacturing Environment”, Proceedings of 1998 ASME Design Technical Conferences, ASME Computers in Engineering Conference, Atlanta, GA, September 13-16, 1998.
- R. Poovendran, S. Corson, and J.S. Baras, “A Distributed Shared Key Generation Procedure Using Fractional Keys”, Proceedings of MILCOM’98, Section 30.4, Vol. 3, pp. 1038-1043, Bedford, MA, October 18-21, 1998.
- N.P. Butts, V.G. Bharadwaj, and J.S. Baras, “Internet Service via Broadband Satellite Networks”, Proceedings of SPIE Voice, Video and Data Communications Symposium, Vol. 3528, pp. 169-180, Boston, Massachusetts, November 3, 1998.
- J.S. Baras and R. Darling, “Finite-Dimensional Methods for Computing the Information State in Nonlinear Robust Control”, Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Vol 1, pp. 343-348, Tampa, Florida, December 16-18, 1998.